A bimetallic thermostat is like a simple mechanical computer. Where the bimetal response is the sensor input, the contacts are the output to actuator and the bimetal thermal behavior is of the nature of intelligence. Similarly we have opamps which can be real-time complex analog computers. And the Living Being are like biologicals robot which have all the things - a control systems, computers, sensors and actuators, even probably a wireless network. :-)
- Bit is 0 or 1 ... one digit ... 0 could be 0 volts and 1 five volts.
- Nibble is four bits, 4 digits, like 0010 , in hex a nibble is 0 to F.
- Byte is eight bits, 8 digits, like 1100 0010 , in hex 00 to FF.
- BCD binary coded decimal is binary code for numbers 0 to 9.
- Learn more by reading asciicat here. Download and use.
CS152, Fundamentals of Computer Science II, and Programming Languages.
Samuel A. Rebelsky
- Basic Concepts Behind the Binary System
- Binary Addition
- Binary Multiplication
- Binary Division
- Conversion from Decimal to Binary
- Negation in the Binary System