Sometimes it is Accuracy that can get affected, but some electrical jolts can damage or desensitize fine sensors or positioning systems.
On the right you can see a Filter that i used to make long ago, This is connected in series with an Existing Mains Chord. It can also be Fixed in a Control Panel with a Clamp. One Y cap is Missing in this Piece. The Big one must be the X cap a higher Capacitance Value. The Y cap is Lower Value and withstands around 1kV, It is better if X cap is AC 440V.
- eEngineer - Electrical Engineering, EMI/EMC, RFI
- EMI Shielding RF Shielding
- Dealing with Computer generated RFI/EMI
- WEMS Electronics - EMI Filters / RFI Filters
- TDK - Electronic Components & Materials